Wednesday, June 20, 2012

FOS "First 5" and More

First 5
The 5 people who are done for the week with writing are: Reyna, Kyra Williams, Tahlia, Mirisa and Hailey. Great job!

The others who gave it a shot, just make the corrections and you're finished too.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Everyone Else
Galatians 5:22 says the FOS are:
  1. Love - the God-kind of love
  2. Joy - supernatural happiness from God
  3. Peace - supernatural calm feelings on the inside
  4. Long-suffering - patience
  5. Gentleness - kindness
  6. Goodness - not mean to people; a giver
  7. Faith - believing in the unseen; our foundation as Believers
  8. Meekness - not weakness; assertive, Godly leadership
  9. Temperance - self-control
These are all character traits that Christians should have in their lives. Without these qualities, we do not stand out from the world. We are told to "come out from among them and be ye separate"
(2 Corinthians 6:17). To separate yourself means to live in a way that makes your life shine. You look, act, talk differently than the world. Your Life Look (Ephesians 5:1) is different than theirs because it is full of Godly characteristics.

* Think About It *
Is your Life Look different than the world's? Do you stand out for Jesus? What FOS are visible in your Life Look, and which ones do you need to work on a little bit more?

Make a choice to be a person full of the characteristics of God that set you apart for greatness. It's is amazing how God will promote people who get the Word in their heart. That's you!!

7 comments:

  1. As I read this I think about the saying "Treat others the way you want to be treated.", and that's what gentleness and spreading the peace means to me. We should all want to help others, and be recongized for our Godly works. The 9 fruits of the spirit and the scriptures that tag along are the guide for that. You should strive to be different, in a holy way, so what better way than to be made up of a variety of characteristics God set out for you to have?
    -Makia, DangerDelless xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the comment "to be made a variety of the characteristics of God," I'm pretty close I what you said. Great thought! We are made up of His qualities. When we activate them in faith it unleashes a whole new world of opportunities. Our Life Look becomes amazing when God is in the equation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading the blog & reviewing the word with my Mom, helped me better understand where & who I REALLLY want to be. I want EVERY characteristic I have to be Christlike & for these chracteristics to make me stand out in a GREAT & POSITIVE way to my friends & those I don't know who might one day meet me.As I read I thought of how I want others to"see" me & the blessing awaiting for me for just being like Christ!
    -Jaelyn Florence,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaelyn!!!!!!! It's great to hear from you! Godly characteristics are so important for us. Keep shining the FOS in your life. God is going to promote and bless your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Learning this made me realize that there really is a God in the world and that he is here for me.It also made me want to continue learning about him and the way he works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been like the best 3 weeks of my life....i know i say that every year we do discipleship but each year gets better and better so i kind of have to....the first year i did it i became hungry for God and each year it seems to fill that hunger........while making me hungrier.......i love how we get to each preach our own sermon and then later we get to do our own group sermons. I'm glad I came this year once again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Joy, Peace, patience, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self-control.......these are the Fruits Of the Spirit and as Christians we need to use them everyday

    ReplyDelete